The Rules of Fencing
Compiled by Bethany Kanfer.
But a lot of it was said by other people.
Mostly Mr. Cadorette.
- Poke. Poke!
- Don't Angel Attack. It rarely works.
- Long in the back, short in the front... Yes, Matt, that is a mullet.
- If you Ryan Fence, it will confuse your opponent, but the ref may not like it.
- No sloppy parries!
- Hail Greenwald! Our fearless leader!
- I'm not your teacher, I'm your coach, so Shut Up!
- The Sarah Theory: Whatever Works.
- You may be okay with using sloppy parries, but your opponents won't, and then' they'll POKE YOU!
- Beware of the Demon Body Cord.
- Greet your opponent with cheerful doom.
- Smile as you beat your opponent.
- Losing only makes you better.
- Losing can teach you more than winning can.
- Your teammates are always there for you.
- Always call a time-out for someone- even if it's just to give them a break.
- If everyone sells two boxes of candy, we'll make $600! Yeah, if Ryan doesn't eat it all. (I'm not specifying if he'll eat the candy or the money.)
- Drills will help you later!
- In love as in fencing, in order to win, you have to risk getting hurt.
- The Fencing Team: the only people who can legally bring weapons into school.
- You're going after each other with weapons. You have to be polite.
- I'm going to move my arm up here, so could you please kill me?
- Look, I'm this big white marshmallow. Hit me!
- You need to work very hard to be average.
- They had doctors going up and sterilizing the tips of the foils so they wouldn't get bacteria when they killed each other.
- You can call me Coach if you can say it without laughing.
- Don't get off-balance.
- If you get sloppy, you lost. Well technically, you're dead.
- You may not care about getting good, but maybe your partner does.
- Give your partner a workout, because if you don't, their opponent will.
- There's a hole up there, and it's shaped like you.
- C'mon! You're just leaving scars!
- You're trying to kill your opponent, not give him points.
- No stripping on the strip!
- That's not a lunge. That's a lounge.
- That target's too high. Put it lower, right about heart level.
- It's about inspiring jealousy. That's what fencing's all about!
- There's no such thing as a free lunge.
- Tempus is fugiting!
Site and contents (except where otherwise noted) Copyright © 2004- Kethrim